1. Seligman, Jean; Holt, Douglas; Chinni, Dante; & Roberts, Elizabeth. (1994, September 26). Cops Who Kill - Themselves, Newsweek. Lifestyle.
2. Morbidity Mortality Weekly Review. (1992), 121-125.
3. Heiman, M. (1977), Suicide Among Police. American Journal of Psychiatry, 134 (11), 1286-1290.
4. Staff. (1994, December 31). Police Suicides Twice those of Deaths on the Job. The Orlando Sentinel, p. A3.
5. Treaster, Joseph B. (1994, September 8). Police Striving to Find Ways of Combating Rising Suicides. New York Times, p. B4
6. Violanti, John M. (1995), "The Mystery Within, Understanding Police Suicide," FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, 1, 19-23.
7. M. Wagner and R. Brzeczek (1983), "Alcohol and Suicide: A Fatal Connection," FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, 3, 7-15.
8. Police Protection. (1995, January 4). The Boston Globe. p. 10.
9. James, George. (1994, September 7). New Suicides Inspire Inquiry By The Police: Public Servants Wrestle With Private Demons. The New York Times. p. B1, B3.
10. James, George. (1993, November 15). Police Officer Kills Himself In His Home: Kelly Increases Efforts For Suicide Prevention. The New York Times, p. B1, B4.
11. Kleinfield, N.R. (1994, September 12). Police Battle Troubled Officers' Mistrust of Counseling. The New York Times, p. B1.
12. Hays, Tom. (1994, December 13). A Cop Teeters On The Edge - And Makes It Back. The Record, p. A05.
13. Klienfield, N.R. (1994, September 12). Police Battle Troubled Officers' Mistrust of Counseling. The New York Times, p. B3.
14. Levitt, Leonard. (1995, January 23). Confidential: Angry Cops Bolt Suicide Seminar. Newsday, Inc., p. A18.
Return to Home Page
Return to "Tragedy in Blue"